False Image - Poem by Elizabeth Adams
The dark grey clouds are covering up the sky,
Just like the fake smile covering up my feelings inside.
People act like they know me, like they know when I'm sad,
But they don't know because of the lies that I have said.
I told them that everything was going okay & I'm enjoying life,
But nothing is going okay & I want to stab myself and die.
People try to judge me & say I have everything I need,
But they have no idea what it's like; the pain of being me.
They tell me I lead a perfect life w/ good looks, great boyfriend & great friends,
But they will never know the real me,
And what causes my life to end.
Comments about False Image by Elizabeth Adams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl