Family Ties - Poem by Suraj Samtani
An outsider's love is pure,
An outsider's love is unconditional.
There is no duty to maintain the love.
There is no pressure to maintain the love.
It is purely intuitive.
It is purely heartfelt.
A family love is conditional.
A family love is obligatory.
To stay in society, you cannot not love your family.
To stay in society, you cannot not be loved by your family.
It is solely dutiful.
It is solely egoistic.
As much as I love you, I will never make you my family.
& As much as you love me, I hope you never make me a part of yours.
Comments about Family Ties by Suraj Samtani
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl