Feeling Of Being Alone - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
A wolf howls to the night sky
I watch from afar, wondering why
Why is he wandering alone in the night?
Did he give up without a fight?
A man stands alone on a narrow bridge
His toes are slightly over the edge
He looks down a begins to cry
As I watch, so do I
A child sits alone at a playground
Watching friends run around
But she doesn't know where her friends could be
She has been playing alone since she was three
A dog is tied to a tree outside
The rope and his neck always collide
He will never move from this spot again
He is no longer man's best friend
Turns the soul to stone
It chills me to the bone
When I realize that I am also alone.
Comments about Feeling Of Being Alone by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda