Lawrence S. Pertillar
Finally You Have Found Time To Listen - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Finally you have found time to listen.
And I am happy that comprehension,
Has moved to the top of your list.
Let's both sit and discuss our differences.
Are becoming more and more similar.
They may not even exist!
Since you've come to realize,
Neither one of us were satisfied...
With pretensions that falsified,
That initial attraction we had for one another.
What a relief!
I never thought we'd come to see eye to eye.
I had grown tired of you believing we should compete.
And for what?
Each other's affection?
Comments about Finally You Have Found Time To Listen by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl