First Drop - Poem by Melanie Emikohe
The first dropp of rain
after a savage drought
is that which came with storm,
filling the thirsty earth
but batter it as well.
A fate that comes
in two extremes is lived
by a few I know,
mourning their ill states,
yet says, good morning!
Comments about First Drop by Melanie Emikohe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye