Lawrence S. Pertillar
Fixed To Fit Mode - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I've never said anything to you,
I did not mean.
My record for being direct,
Should not in your mind be questioned.
But often it is.
You are prepared to be defensive.
And if I chose to be more basic,
You would believe I intend to offend.
It is just in the way you wish to hear my words.
You are seeking a definition to satisfy...
What you believe is my intent.
With alternative meanings.
Instead of comprehending,
With active listening skills...
What to you I am saying.
Reacting to assumptions,
Is the basis of our lack of communication.
And your willingness to stay on fixed to fit mode.
Comments about Fixed To Fit Mode by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl