Football - Poem by Reba Haapala
Most of the boys on my team are ashamed that a girl is on their team.
They have a lot of question like: why do you play football. Are you a men or what?
Well here is your answer: I play football because I love the sport.
I can get out on the field and I can be my self and I don’t have to hide myself.
I’m not scared to be out there yeah I know most of them are bigger but I’m not scared.
We all have are weak point.
The world doesn’t stop just because I play football.
Go ahead and speak your mind.
There nothing you can say to make me quite something I love to do.
My sister wrote don’t be ashamed of your self be ashamed of the people that are ashamed of you.
Now stop asking me.
Comments about Football by Reba Haapala
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl