For Being Black - Poem by Roland Cho
For being Black, I am feared;
But by some I am revered.
Because I am Black explorers “Treat” me.
Since I have darker skin employers cheat me.
“He’s not white! ”, some say.
“His is the lower pay! ”
Just Because I am Black！
For being Black, I get lots of favours;
But for some I should get no leisures.
For the fair, the best I should get,
For the bare, only the afters should I get.
That I can to many I swear,
That I can’t so many fear！
Just because I am Black！
Comments about For Being Black by Roland Cho
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl