Lawrence S. Pertillar
For The People And By The People - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
We have that many in prisons here!
They were ruled by a dictator,
Everyone there despised.
Why they aren't willing
To accept democracy is a mystery.
The best way of life is the one we reflect.
Run for the people and BY the people.
That talk about oil has got to come to an end.
We are there to help them become like us...
AND protect our interests from those who wish,
To do us harm.
Just because there are over seven hundred
Military installations around the world doing it,
Doesn't mean one thing!
Those are just 'allegations' alleged by those
Who are jealous of our way of life!
Comments about For The People And By The People by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl