Forum Rhyme - Poem by Herbert Nehrlich
All forum posts shall be in rhyme
all else will be considered crime.
Miss Emily may well object
if there should be a small defect
in choice of words, she would detect
the slightest flaw, like carnal talk
and tell the poet, take a walk
for thirty days and thirty nights
because the managers have rights
unheard of for the common bloke!
But listen to my clever joke:
write rhymes in Russian or Chinese
use keyboards with exotic keys
and snicker as they hire staff
and pay for nothing, have a laugh.
Dear poet can you spare a dime?
I'll pay you back in peasant rhyme.
Comments about Forum Rhyme by Herbert Nehrlich
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl