Gromphadorhina Portentosa - Poem by gershon hepner
is a cockroach hard to miss,
evil, as in Nostra Cosa,
you can tell one by its hiss.
Many evil people are
friendly when you first approach,
but a wise man will stay far
from them like this hissing roach.
If you’re forced to shake their hand
afterwards you have to wash,
but don’t let them understand
that you really want to squash
them like these roaches. It’s forbidden
by both State and Federal law:
best to keep your feelings hidden—
hurt no feelings, and withdraw.
Comments about Gromphadorhina Portentosa by gershon hepner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl