Barry Van Allen
Guess! - Poem by Barry Van Allen
I don't believe in unicorns,
but, the horses are most beautiful,
compared to cows and pigs,
and most domestic livestock,
- - - horses are the best!
Turkey's are renowned for being stupid,
- - - as if chickens had some reputation
we steal their eggs damn near daily,
and because they have no young,
... they try again!
While we remain as thieves,
on and on it goes - - -
and they never seem to understand,
that if they just stopped the laying,
we might stop the thievery!
- - - of course, then we would just eat them!
I think that the dumbest of all of the animals,
is the one that we love the most...
... the one that we attribute the most intelligence to,
for whatever reason,
... the one that destroys it's own environment,
by over - population, and pollution.
It's not the unicorn or horse,
not the chicken or the pig,
... it is the one that rules the planet,
would you care to take a guess! ! !
Comments about Guess! by Barry Van Allen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl