Gushingly Poetical - Poem by Mark Heathcote
If I kiss you, it will be biblical
The world shall forever, remember you
For when poets speak gushingly poetical
About their love, their words indeed accrue:
Mean more over time, than did at the time
That's not to say my feelings weren't real.
Or that they were misguided hate crimes
Crimes of passion still seem quite puerile.
But if I were to kiss you, know one thing
My intention was, to find my true love
And then make her you my everything
I do not want someone superfluous…
Just someone, loving and down to earth
Any more or less I'll give a wide berth.
Comments about Gushingly Poetical by Mark Heathcote
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda