Mark Heathcote Poems
- Poverty Is A Gift Father, poverty is a gift Ask any bird ...
- River Street Urchins River street urchins The gutters are ...
- When Rivers Run Cold When rivers run cold, it makes you ...
- Roses Are On Fire A river of stars A bed of roses still in ...
- Two Poems Of Two Line Poems The still pools reflection, what ...
- Meeting On The Hill A hand up brother, a free man's gift We ...
- For A Straggling-Stalk Of Gree... With barely a whisper I...
I like all kinds of poems but I tend to gravitate toward eastern spiritual poetry.
My muse almost demands it of me. So you may find quite a few being poured out from time to time.
I all so write many songs, when the poem spring runs dry, as a form of creative writing.
I work with adult learning difficulties as a support worker in the UK. Home town is Manchester. My other interests are in gardening and art. I had a really poor education, but try to improve with every write. I hope you’ll enjoy visiting my writes… more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''God, he would catch a hornet on the wingHave insight appreciation of all things either great or small.
Relish infinite beauty, not its sting.''
Poverty Is A Gift
Father, poverty is a gift
Ask any bird taking a rain bath.
Son, don't make's me laugh
There's nothing but rain
Poverty isn't a gift
There's nothing but pain.
So son fastens your reigns
Ride for them riches today
Don't live by wage's daily
Paid only once monthly
Father poverty is a gift.
Son nothing is ever enough,
Just ask your mum.