Lawrence S. Pertillar
Habits Like Theirs - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
They only share drugs in their relationship.
And when there is none to do...
There is nothing for them to discuss.
Nothing worth mentioning,
Without the aid of it!
An emptiness is not admitted.
For fear to sever a connection
They both would miss!
And habits like theirs aren't easily dismissed.
Not like 'that'.
Not for this!
Since the only thing important to them...
Is how to sustain a 'dependable' thing
Like the one they have...
And what they have may be called?
As long as they...
Are getting 'high'!
Comments about Habits Like Theirs by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl