Lawrence S. Pertillar
Haywire - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Nothing really seems,
What today it should mean.
And 'anything' and 'everything'...
To go haywire.
Pockets thin are getting leaner.
Empty dreams have left a vacancy.
And the people even meaner...
Demeaning themselves and others,
With an encouragement at every scene.
And beneath from the gutters,
We are being teased to release sleaze.
To keep this real with sex appeal.
Revealing more skin to expose and show!
Comments about Haywire by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl