Heaven Has Shed A Tear - Poem by Friedrich Rückert
Heaven has shed a tear
that meant to lose itself in the sea;
but the mussel came and locked it in:
you shall now be my pearl.
You should not fear the waves;
I will carry you peacefully through.
O you my pain, you my joy,
you tear of heaven in my bosom!
Heaven grant that with a pure soul
I may guard the purest of your drops.
Comments about Heaven Has Shed A Tear by Friedrich Rückert
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl