Heroes Are Not Stalkers. - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Heroes in romantic literature
Aren’t different from the sociopaths.
Lovers had been silent strong pursuers
With a determined efforts for their love.
Rochester in Jane Eyre, Darcy in Pride
And Prejudice, Heathcliff in Wuthering
Heights and such heroes had been brooding,
And their brooding got them greater appeals.
Such like love scenes cannot be enacted,
Thanks to the empowerment of woman.
If done, it’d amount to sex harassment
And the males would be branded as stalkers.
Comments about Heroes Are Not Stalkers. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda