Hidden Away In The Darkness - Poem by Dean Simpson
Hidden in the lies and deceit
I still lay awake in the restless nights
Thinking of a once colourful past
Covered in smiles and un-dying, darkened love.
What of it now? Everythings in a storm
Re-taking my steps to walk alone again
But all is in vain, the road is un-even
I stumble with nothing to nothing to soften my fall.
Still licking the wounds
Of cuts opened wide so long ago
The flesh invisible
But the blood still pours.
The feeling long gone
The look still here
To touch again in the same way?
I love you enough to keep you alive.
Comments about Hidden Away In The Darkness by Dean Simpson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl