Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Close My Eyes - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I close my eyes.
And when I do,
Nothing I have heard you say...
To have said,
Stays in my head to keep it...
Memorable to believe.
You are beautiful.
And appealing in the latest fashions.
Your hair and what you wear,
Are images of perfection.
That is a fact.
When you enter a room,
Attention you attract.
To entrap captured.
But a feeling that you mean anything,
To me you wish it felt...?
I close my eyes and when I do,
It is as if I am still waiting...
For whatever it is to connect,
That has yet to arrive.
Comments about I Close My Eyes by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl