Anna Moriarty Lev
I Got Run Over By A Bus - Poem by Anna Moriarty Lev
i got run over by a bus this morning.
the tires were rolling over my stomach
before the headlights could reflect in my eyes.
i shouldn't have been standing in the street.
the bus was blue
blue and gray.
tons of shiny metal crushing every bone
weighing down on every organ
liver, intestines, spleen
until everything inside me was shattered on the pavement.
but then the bus rolled over me
and i lay there, flat and dull
the sky opened over me
and the rain soaked through my skin.
i pulled my body up
picked up every piece of rain drenched part of me.
we left, my body and i.
and a bird flew away with my heart.
Comments about I Got Run Over By A Bus by Anna Moriarty Lev
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl