I Just Want To Be Loved - Poem by Simon Gowen
This was requested by a friend.
She asked for a poem on Love/Relationships.
I’ve had lovers, I’ve had partners
A one night stand or two
I’ve never done the marriage thing
Its on the list “To do”
I remember when my first love
Walked me home from school
We’d skip along together
His friends thought him a fool
But now as I am older
My love life’s left to fate
I long to be a girl again
So for him I will wait.
I want to do the nice things
The walks along the beach,
To snuggle up beside him
To know he’s in my reach.
So hunting for the butterflies
The hugging and the kisses
I want to know that he is proud
To have me as his Mrs
Comments about I Just Want To Be Loved by Simon Gowen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda