Lawrence S. Pertillar
I'Ll Just Shorten My Speech - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The ship has a leak.
I think it is sinking! '
What part of it?
'What part of it, sir? '
Is it near the dining room,
Or near the kitchen?
'I am not sure, sir.
But I do believe it is near the bow! '
I'll just shorten my speech.
And tell the crew not to use,
The applause sign!
And you get a mop...
Or some sponges,
To take care of that.
I don't want anyone slipping...
After OR before I take that bow!
You have no idea! '
Comments about I'Ll Just Shorten My Speech by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl