Lawrence S. Pertillar
I'M 39 - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
What's the purpose of writing down something,
So as not to forget
When doing so is forgotten,
And remembering it one quits!
How about this one,
Looking for a sock that is in your hand?
And walking around with it,
Then throwing it in the trash can!
Not saying I've done this...
But I know these things 'someone' has done!
In my mind I still think I'm 39!
And I'm sure the day will come when I am reminded,
I will soon be 61!
'That' too 'someone' will put into the trashcan to find!
I'm celebrating anniversaries these days.
And I'll be celebrating my twenty-second time,
Of being 39!
THAT I do remember!
Comments about I'M 39 by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl