Lee Degnan Poems
- A Mother's Love For Her Child You are my child, given to me...
- My Soul Sacrifice (For A Child...
- A Day In The Life Of An Alcoho...
- Trois Raisons D'Être (Three Re...
- Prayer Warriors-The True Heart... Seek within Poemhunters, ...
- ***hey! ! ! *** Hey... do you remember the times ...
- Secret Admirer I know I'm not supposed to be here but listen...
Hi, my name is Lee. I grew up in Westchester County, NY and moved to Dutchess County, NY in 1993, following the Hudson River north I guess! I have a high school diploma from Peekskill High School (1991) and unfortunately life's challenges did not allow me to go to college. This did not stop me from studying languages, pop culture, music and poetry, and devouring any books I could get my greedy hands on. I have 3 beautiful children who keep me extremely busy, and a full time job, just in case I think I might get bored.
My writings are for my enjoyment/venting (and a couple of friends and family) only and are just reflections of my thoughts, feelings and experiences. I will ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Mother's Love For Her Child
You are my child,
given to me by some miracle
that I cannot comprehend
I was worthy of.
You've come and blessed my life.
You are my world.
Whatever I've known as my own
now shared willingly
and freely with you.
You've come and opened my heart.
You are my hope,
in a world that's so unforgiving;
in your eyes I see promise
of better things yet to come.
You've come and filled me with joy.
You are my happiness
personified, yet lit even brighter
and with unimaginable beauty
created in God's light.
You've come and saved my ...