I Wish That I Knew, Perhaps… - Poem by Madeline Fazio
I sit here and wait
On the calendar I make this date
What, you ask, am I waiting for?
I wish that I knew, perhaps it’s my fate
Blankly, I stare at my ceiling
So numb and without any sense of feeling
Why, you ask, have I become so dead?
I wish that I knew, perhaps it’s my way of healing
My soul feels so damaged and bare
You played with my heart without a care
When, you ask, will I be free again?
I wish that I knew, perhaps I won’t share
Comments about I Wish That I Knew, Perhaps… by Madeline Fazio
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda