If We Could (Revised 24/2/07) - Poem by David Taylor
If I could tell you what will surely set you free.
If I could help you understand all that you can see.
If I could hold you when you cannot even stand.
If I could love you no matter what you say or do.
If I could answer all the questions that play upon your mind.
If I could mend your heart when it is broken, shattered in my hand.
If I could tell you words which remove all that you will fear.
I would, I would, but would anybody hear?
You could! You could! Because I love you dear!
Comments about If We Could (Revised 24/2/07) by David Taylor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl