David Harris Poems
- Respect If we can not respect another How can we expect them...
- Just Beyond The Sunset Just beyond the sunset Someone waits ...
- You Fill My Soul With Sunshine You fill my soul with sunshine...
- Anything Romantic To Say I sat down to write a romantic ...
- A Simple Act Of Kindness A simple act of kindness can stop ...
- A Star Fell From Heaven A birthday poem for my wife A star...
- A Goal In Life What do you do when you’ve pursued a dream ...
I was born in England, but raised in Canada until I was fourteen. I came back to England where I now reside.
I started writing seriously at eighteen, firstly with songs, then drifted into writing poetry, short stories and finally novels. About six or seven year ago I gave up writing all together. It has only since joining PH in January 2007 that I started writing again thanks for the encouragement I received from a lot friends up here.
In 2006 I was awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award from the International Society Of Poets for my poem Faded Love Letters. The first award I have ever received for any of my writing. The poem has now been include in several anthologies ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
If we can not respect another
How can we expect them to respect us
If we can not respect someone’s beliefs
How can we expect them to respect ours
If we can not respect another’s race
How can we expect that race to respect us
If we can not respect others
How can we expect respect in return
Everyone expects respect
No matter who they are
The only way to gain it
Is to start treating everyone
As a friend, a brother, a sister
As part of our extended family
No matter what colour or creed they are
Only then you will start to get
The respect you so ...