Lawrence S. Pertillar
In Their Eyes - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
My success has not achieved respect,
In their eyes.
And I laugh from mine.
With the knowledge...
It is me who has chosen to be in their presence.
That was delivered to me,
When at birth I was blessed...
To have this experience called life!
And what more of a success can one possess?
If anything can be done without life as it is known...
I haven't been shown.
As of yet.
And until that happens,
I'll do what God expects.
And that is to have no other gods before Him!
That is a 'memo' I understand clearly.
And that is a confession I will always profess.
Comments about In Their Eyes by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl