It Is Sports! - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
No one is entitled to win;
It is sports; that’s why it is sports.
A weak team can shock a strong team.
Who will win? Anybody’s guess;
The same team, the same place, the same day,
When playing two games subsequently,
It can produce different results.
Time changed; time is the culprit.
One may not be good enough
At a time or at a place.
A player is not good all the time.
Time and space have their influence.
Sports are development of skills.
Skills develop from stern practices,
Which give labour pains in strong dozes.
No baby without labour pain.
Be happy if your country win.
Be sad in case loses the game.
No defeat comes willingly
As no accident comes intently.
Comments about It Is Sports! by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda