Theodora (Theo) Onken
~*~ Joie De Vive ~*~ - Poem by Theodora (Theo) Onken
...Such an utter engagement to joy -
It is sometimes contagious, you know -
The symptoms of: 'Happy Go Lucky'
Reward you, the older you grow -
They say that sheer optimism -
In mid-life, even increases, life span -
By as much as seven and a half years -
Now that is, no flash in the pan!
Of course, diet and exercise, they matter -
Throwing away the bad habbits, we share -
Loving our bodies and minds, a little more -
Might just give us, more time, to spare -
So go ahead, and spread your joy -
You know, the fact, ' you awoke again, today' -
And sprinkle it, with much loving care -
Allow 'Joie de Vive, ' to live, in your heart this way!
Comments about ~*~ Joie De Vive ~*~ by Theodora (Theo) Onken
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl