Leaves - Poem by Jewel Datri
Walking down the street today
I noticed a little leaf.
It was blowing after me.
Everywhere I walked it followed,
And every time I turned around it was there.
Throughout the rough roads and the smooth,
It stayed with me always,
And over time it grew.
It multiplied into more leaves.
Then they all surrounded me.
Up they flew and disappeared out of sight.
All alone standing there
Feeling very down.
When I turned a corner
And realized I was found.
My family and friends were there,
And surrounded me with hugs and warmth.
While outside it got misty,
And the leaves turned back to one
No more company to keep.
It flew to help some other person,
Who was suffering in their sleep.
Comments about Leaves by Jewel Datri
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda