Letdown - Poem by Melanie Weeks
Part of letdown is disappointment.
Your get your hopes up.
You expect thing that otherwise will never happen.
A kiss that you've waited for years for,
It's just a kiss.
Doesn't mean a thing to him,
But the memory will live with you
For all time.
It is your curse
And your blessing.
You will be haunted.
The way his lips touching yours.
Your hands entwined.
I means the world to you.
It means the dirt he walks on to him.
'Tis a cruel cruel world.
Comments about Letdown by Melanie Weeks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl