Lord Please Save Me! - Poem by Junius Barnes
Lord, save me from the wrath of Satan cause I don't want to be in hell baking in aching. I hate the pain of the world, Lord please save me.
Lord, help me though the storm, I’m battle torn from the horn that keep poking and joking at me. I’m working for your grace to shine on me.
Lord, save me from darkness that creeps inside of me that rips my soul from limb to limb. I have witnessed the pain which it stemmed. You sent your only begotten son not a gun.
Lord, I’m tried of being a slave to man, I ran from darkness, and I done ran from sin. I tried to save my kin from this gin that spit hate to the kids, I done walk with freedom, and talk to it.
Comments about Lord Please Save Me! by Junius Barnes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda