Charlie F. Kane
Low Lp - Poem by Charlie F. Kane
I had to buy it,
I felt compelled to buy something
While I was there.
It was one of the first I came across-
It’s 30 years old this year,
It would have been 12 when I was born.
I picked it up and brought it,
To carry it home, home again.
I thought how I must be
The only student to spend their loan
I take my earphones of my mp3 out
And try to pretend that it’s 1977,
And I, a loyal Bowie fan,
Have just purchased his most recent LP.
But it doesn’t last long.
I want to listen to my music now,
So I stick the mp3 back on.
I couldn’t quite cut it.
I was 30 years too late, again.
Comments about Low Lp by Charlie F. Kane
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl