Lawrence S. Pertillar
Make That Part Of 'Your' Act - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
You don't like what I say.
Or the topics that I write.
You don't like my performance,
When I recite?
I am so glad you are here.
It is now your time,
To take the spotlight away from me...
And to show your abilities at centerstage.
Why do you look afraid?
Make that part of 'your' act.
With the spitting of your venom.
You never know who might be out there,
Appreciating what you do and attracted to that!
What are you searching for?
You didn't seem to mind,
To critique my performance.
And I was out there on my own.
Comments about Make That Part Of 'Your' Act by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl