Man To Hold Woman - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Woman wants from her man
Tolerance for her freedom,
Forbearance for wrongs
And acceptance of her minus.
More than that she wants him
Not to probe her past conducts
Not to doubt her present conducts
And not to claim her money.
This apart, she wants him
To give her bodily safety,
To guard her from her stalkers,
And to ignore her male friends.
Unless a man is a slave
To a woman in relationships
He cannot hold his woman,
Who is no longer a slave.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Man To Hold Woman by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl