My Beloved Spouse Describes Her Strange Dream - Poem by nimal dunuhinga
We were in the Kodak Theater in the days before the show.
By the time night arrived.
And it's a rehearsal.
They called the best picture; ' The old naked starving man with a red beard from another planet.'
Moments after you were named for the best actor in the same movie.
After receiving the Oscar you came to me and kissed my forehead.
I whispered that I am conceived and this time must be a boy.
Then you collapsed with the award.
I woke up and found the best actor lying on the floor beside our rickety bed after the nightcap.
* To all the poor actors and actresses those who perform great roles in the life-drama for nothing?
Comments about My Beloved Spouse Describes Her Strange Dream by nimal dunuhinga
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl