Lawrence S. Pertillar
My Editing Has Been Done - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
To eliminate a sentence,
To make a paragraph more accepting...
Or censor a comment to make an issue less
May for some
Be what is needed to overcome
What is regarded as a topic
Not accepted or approved by those
Who review comments said by one!
But my editing has been done,
To accomplish what I have begun.
If what I say has been rejected...
I'll find my own exit when I've been shunned!
I'm here to enlighten not seek applause,
And if it has been decided
That my comments have divided,
I'm sure that something said...
Will enter the ears to stay in one's head!
Comments about My Editing Has Been Done by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl