Nature's Love Song (A Sonnet) - Poem by Dawn Slanker
Nature's Love Song
Aurora's ballad wakes the sleeping Sun
and lulls the Moon to fade and sleep by light;
the Sun sends out his morning rays to shun
the dark and melt the sable cloak of night.
Impassioned by Aurora's blushing arcs
that cross a morning sky of palest blues
imbued with color and resplendent sparks
that arch in sinuous prismatic hues,
the Earth is girdled in a warm embrace
that casts a glow upon the nimbus cloud.
A cerise flush which mounts to Gaia's face
reflects her passion for the Sun, who's proud
to be the one to seed Earth Mother's womb
with energy to tend to nature's bloom.
©2008 Dawn Slanker
Comments about Nature's Love Song (A Sonnet) by Dawn Slanker
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda