Lawrence S. Pertillar
Never Been Accompanied - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
If I spent all of my time,
Thinking about heartache...
With accusations to make,
In rebuttle to naysayers...
To leave nothing I wanted to accomplish,
Left unattended to achieve...
What statement would I be affirming?
That my dreams are not validated?
Or that my wishes with hopes to see fulfilled,
Are not real?
I have never been accompanied on the path I walk on.
I have grown accustomed to feel,
What I tasted was unrealistic...
On a daily basis.
But I've witnessed my dreams and wishes,
Come true AND accumulate.
As if the naysayers and those who critiqued,
Stimulated my desire...
To prove to myself what I can do to get done.
Especially with pain as a motivator.
Comments about Never Been Accompanied by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl