Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not A Group Effort - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Anytime someone takes an independent stance,
To open their mouth...
With their own identity declared,
And tossed about.
A scrutiny directed upon them will be visited.
And selected they will to become someone's competitor.
Like an attempt to compare birds with the buzzing of bees.
Although anyone who knows the feeling to be connected...
Realizes no one is competing with or against,
That from which inside one has identified and exists.
And foolish are those who insist upon it.
Not understanding to fully comprehend this...
That an awakening that comes to one,
Is not a group effort to see who defeats to say who has won.
Comments about Not A Group Effort by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda