Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not Budging An Inch - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Never put up with fools lightly.
Show there is an edge to that patience.
Put a foot down.
Don't put up with clowns.
And leave it there.
Someone has to show,
Someone where to go!
And with a foot down.
Solidly placed on the ground,
The message becomes clear.
As to who is not budging an inch.
Make it clear.
These days are not for cheap wine,
And plastic roses.
A seriousness about life,
Has formally begun.
Comments about Not Budging An Inch by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl