Oh No! Not Another Love Poem - Poem by Michael Philips
When people heard
that you sent me poetry
they commented that
you must be a wonderful and sensitive man
But these were not Shakespeare sonnets
or Robert Burns love concertos
These were Dorothy Parker devious cooing and
tenderly kissing her man all the while cheating on him,
and Nazim Hikmet guidance on
how to survive in prison.
These were poems that blasted the pores off my face
and suffused my veins with whiskey.
What a wonderful and sensitive man.
Comments about Oh No! Not Another Love Poem by Michael Philips
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl