Michael Philips Poems
- Golf Pro There are two types of people: Those who play ...
- Bad Art I set off a stink bomb At the art opening of bad ...
- Cowboys I want someone to invent a coffee table book ...
- Outdoor Concerts The superstars unfurled their laden ...
- Do Not Resuscitate Saturated in morphine breathing like a ...
- The Lost Poems Of Fidel Castro From above, the desk has a ...
- The One True Religion I. Researchers say Mormons have ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
There are two types of people:
Those who play golf,
And those who recognize it
for the idiotic malpractice that it is,
that recognize it for the land wasting,
water guzzling, pesticide and herbicide
leeching into the groundwater,
sanitized version of nature,
Bob Hope celebrity goofball,
mundane polo shirt and jackass slacks,
elitist, history of bigotry, racism, sexism,
and anti-Semitism, over-priced, over-rated,
moronic indulgence that it is.
I’m the first type.