Lawrence S. Pertillar
On Knees Believing They Are Blessed - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Doing everything possible,
To defame those who are right.
Has left them surrounded in darkness.
And although the nights are peaceful...
Folks are disturbed in mind.
Tossing and turning...
And they can not keep...
Closed eyes shut tight.
There is a peeking done in fear.
Seeking every reason,
To see themselves as best!
To see themselves as perfect,
And right is their only quest!
They are now running away,
From a truth that chases.
Feeling empty without rest...
They wish to label their hollow victories.
With a hope that decadence,
Will keep those blind that are left behind.
Those on knees and believing they are blessed.
Comments about On Knees Believing They Are Blessed by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda