On My Birthday - Poem by banamala sen
On my birthday,
You gave me the greatest gift of all,
Expressed in magical words!
You stole my heart many many years ago,
Never got it back, never wished to get it back.
I had no idea how all-encompassing love can be,
Taking every bit of my heart,
Our life -
Love, and trust, and dream, and care,
Even not being together.
Comments about On My Birthday by banamala sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl