Onlie Begetter - Poem by gershon hepner
Although of my poems you are, it is true,
the onlie begetter,
I fear that my verses don’t get through to you,
my onlie forgetter.
I’m lonely without you, my writing habitual
Mere castles of sand
washed away by the waves like my sins in a ritual
old customs demand.
Dark lady, I’ve written no sonnets to praise you,
it’s ab and ab
that dance in my rhymes to delight, not to daze, you,
so please be my baby?
(9/19/07/Written the night after Linda and I did Tashlikh on Topanga State Beach, followed by a great Beatle-inspired movie directed by Julie Taymor with music by her husband Eliot Goldenthal, “Across the Universe”.)
Comments about Onlie Begetter by gershon hepner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl