Lawrence S. Pertillar
Only Known By Sight - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
A walking away today...
One not expressing an opinion,
Can create tension.
An eyebrow raised,
May trigger someone embittered...
Into a crazed rage.
And someone deciding to sit in peace,
Increases rumors of a hushed infidelity.
These things and more,
Are occurring in a neighborhood...
Someone only known by sight,
Had to leave to protect their privacy.
Comments about Only Known By Sight by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl