Only The Earth Is Made For Us - Poem by Shalom Freedman
Only the earth is made for us
And for how long?
Out there in the far away
So much is dark and indifferent
Danger radiates and blackness abides
We are so small in it all
Speaking only to ourselves -
Why did God do this to us?
Why is there so much loss and waste and extinction?
Only for now do we know we are here
And Time like a threat
Holds us captive in fear
Before the inevitable night we will never see.
Comments about Only The Earth Is Made For Us by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl